Fall off the bone tender teriyaki pulled pork in a sweet soy marinade – Done in the slow cooker, you can cook this with your eyes closed. Served with a classic Chinese scallion green onion sauce.
This one is another family favourite. It was inspired by our friends Scott and Yuri who made David Chang’s Bo Ssam. Inspired by the flavours of this dish, we made a slow cooker Teriyaki Pulled Pork served with a scallion ginger green onion sauce. It is a great dish to serve to groups. It is impressive with minimal work. Just pop it into the slow cooker, make the scallion ginger sauce and forget about it. We love serving this as lettuce wraps with rice and kimchi – Simply Amazing!
We often keep the leftover teriyaki marinade and use it again to poach more pork or chicken. We all also use the this sauce to top rice bowl with salad and sunny side fried egg for simple dinner or lunch the next day. There is a good amount of fat from the pork roast. A simple way to remove the fat is to pop the leftover marinade into the fridge and let the fat naturally separate and solidify, making it a sinch to separate
Chewie Chews Update:
Sorry I have been late with my posts. For those who are following Chewie Chews, you know we are expecting our second child and the pregnancy has been really tough so far. I have just cleared the first trimester and I am still really nauseous. Everything seems to trigger the ultra gagging spells, even staring at a computer screen difficult. We will try our best to produce as many videos as we can during this time until we can go back to producing weekly videos again.
- 3-5 lb pork shoulder roast (bone in)
- 1 bottle (~2 cups) of Lee Kum Kee Chicken Marinade (or any teriyaki marinade)
- 2 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4-5 green onions (aka scallions) finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Lettuce or swiss chard
- Place the pork, garlic, marinade and water into the slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- While the pork is cooking make the scallion ginger sauce. Combine the chopped green onion, grated ginger and salt.
- Heat the oil until hot and very fluid. Pour the oil over the scallion ginger mixture and mix well. Set the sauce aside until ready to serve.
- When the pork is cooked, remove the skin, excess fat and bones. Shred the meat and pour some of the marinade from the slow cooker over the meat.
- We like to serve these as lettuce wraps. We use either lettuce or swiss chard leaves and add rice, pork, scallion ginger sauce and a little kimchi. ENJOY!